By Emily Jacobson, Mechanical Engineer & Sustainable Design Consultant
The Longmont Sustainable Business program honored 27 local businesses, and PCD Engineering is proud to achieve the Gold award for its efforts to reduce their environmental impact, act socially responsible, and contribute to the local economy of Longmont. What are we doing to be Sustainable?
- Photovoltaic solar on the office roof
- EV charging stations
- Paper, cardboard, and plastic recycling
- Green purchasing policy
- Replacing office lighting with energy-efficient LED bulbs and fixtures
- “Green Team” to implement sustainability policies, practices, and goals
- Encourage biking to work by providing new bike racks
With the support of our members, Efficiency Works rebates, Boulder County incentives, and a grant from the City of Longmont, we are doing our part to set an example and make a difference. Please consider supporting all of the Longmont Sustainable Businesses.
We appreciate all of the organizations who collaborate to bring this program to Longmont: The City of Longmont, Economic Partners, Efficiency Works, and Boulder County’s Partners for a Clean Environment (PACE).