- Engineering Studies & Energy Audits
- Commissioning & Retro-Commissioning
- Sustainable Design
- Building Energy Modeling
- Acoustical Consulting
- Measurement & Verification
- Green Building Rating System Consulting & Management
- Building Envelope Consulting and Field Testing FINAL
- Forensic Engineering / Expert Witness
- Plumbing Systems Consulting
- Electrical Consulting
- Mechanical Consulting
- Building Envelope Consulting and Field Testing
Building Envelope Consulting and Field Testing
Building performance starts with a properly designed, installed, and functioning building envelope. Controlling air and water leakage protects the envelope assemblies from costly damage/deterioration, improves air quality, reduces the load on mechanical systems and reduces energy costs. For example, reducing air leakage can result in up to 35% heating savings in certain climates.
We offer complete review, analysis, and testing of the building envelope prior to completion of construction which allows early detection and repair of leaking systems, saving you money. We also identify performance issues in existing building envelopes. Systems benefiting from testing include windows/skylights/sloped glazing, doors, storefronts, curtain walls, wall systems, and roofing.
PCD offers the following Building Science Services for the evaluation and field testing of building envelope products, mock-ups, assemblies in-place, and whole buildings:
- Building Science Advisory / Specification
- Quality Assurance Plan and Submittal Review
- Energy Modeling of Building Envelope System Alternatives
- Auditing and Field Inspection of Installed Systems
- Commissioning & ASTM/AMMA Field Testing.
We adhere to ASTM and AMMAperformance testing specifications and standards for:
Water Penetration and Air Leakage Testing
- Exterior Windows, Skylights, Sloped Glazing, Doors, Walls, Storefronts, Curtain Walls, Masonry Walls, and Air Barriers
Whole Building Air Barrier Testing and Infrared Thermography
- Insulation systems, air barriers, vapor barriers and roofing systems
- Exterior Insulation and Finishing Systems (EIFS) Inspections
- Confirm air leakage, water penetration and thermal integrity
- Improve building performance
- Reduce change orders and construction delays due to improperly designed or performing
- Reduce operation and maintenance costs
We provide testing services throughout the United States. Contact us to discuss your next project.