- Engineering Studies & Energy Audits
- Commissioning & Retro-Commissioning
- Sustainable Design
- Building Energy Modeling
- Acoustical Consulting
- Measurement & Verification
- Green Building Rating System Consulting & Management
- Building Envelope Consulting and Field Testing FINAL
- Forensic Engineering / Expert Witness
- Plumbing Systems Consulting
- Electrical Consulting
- Mechanical Consulting
- Building Envelope Consulting and Field Testing
Building Energy Modeling
Whole Building Modeling for Code Compliance, Green Building Certification and Design Assistance
PCD has developed thousands of building energy models which allow design teams and owners to make informed choices on building systems and envelopes. Clients such as the US Department of Energy, Mitsubishi, Xcel Energy and the State of Colorado have entrusted us with their energy modeling needs.
PCD’s mission for our energy modeling services is to provide the client and design/construction teams with practical building system solutions that produce the best return on investment within the project budget. Our expert building modeling services help achieve code compliance as well as optimize energy performance, ventilation effectiveness and occupant thermal/visual comfort. Cost and financing factors are front and center, and our talented team works to maximize federal, state and utility monetary incentives and financing options. PCD’s energy modeling services are frequently offset by monetary incentives and energy savings.
Our energy modeling and compliance services include:
- Building Energy Code Compliance. Allows system trade-offs to achieve energy code compliance through the International Energy Conservation Code.
- California Title 24 (T24) California Energy Code Compliance.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS), Green Globes or Enterprise Green Communities (EGC) certification. To date PCD has participated in over 50 LEED/CHPS projects.
- Enterprise Green Communities Building Certification. PCD is an approved Technical Assistance Provider for this Multi-Family green building program.
- Utility-Sponsored Design Assistance Programs
- Federal 179D tax credit Application. Tax credits up to $1.80 per square foot are available for qualifying building retrofit projects.
- Colorado Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (Colorado C-PACE) qualified contractor. C-PACE provides low-interest, zero-down financing for qualifying retrofit and new construction projects.
We also provide Energy Benchmarking Services including:
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Energy Star Program
- Qualified Service Provider for the City of Boulder’s Building Performance Ordinance (BPO)
- Qualified Trainer for City of Denver Energy Benchmarking Ordinance
Contact us to discuss your project.