- Engineering Studies & Energy Audits
- Commissioning & Retro-Commissioning
- Sustainable Design
- Building Energy Modeling
- Acoustical Consulting
- Measurement & Verification
- Green Building Rating System Consulting & Management
- Professional planning and Consulting
- Forensic Engineering / Expert Witness
- Plumbing Systems Consulting
- Electrical Consulting
- Mechanical Consulting
- Building Envelope Consulting and Field Testing
- Building Code Compliance
Building Code Compliance
Code-Compliance Documentation and Testing is Mandatory on Residential and Commercial Building Projects
PCD supports Contractors, Owners and Construction Teams in accurate mechanical equipment sizing, design and performance testing to meet the Mandatory or Prescriptive building department requirements of building codes. PCD provides quick-turnaround services to meet the needs of fast-track design and construction projects. We are here for you when emergency, as-needed services are needed responding to building department comments necessary to gain permit approval. We simplify the process of compliance for you.
We provide Code Compliance Documentation and Certificates to present to the building department inspector or plans reviewer and gain streamlined approval. Our team of experienced and certified engineers, plan reviewers, and field technicians also provide code-interpretation and directly communicate with building departments on your behalf.
Our Prescriptive compliance services include:
- Code Interpretation/Rulings for your project jurisdiction. Different cities and counties have different requirements.
- Residential International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) Prescriptive Path Services including:
- Code Compliance Report using simplified code compliance check tools such as RESCheck.
- Manual J, D and S Reports for mechanical system sizing and selection to meet International Residential Code (IRC) requirements. Completed by in-house professional engineers using code-approved software.
- Blower Door and Air Leakage Testing during rough-in and post-construction to meet mandated air leakage requirements.
- Duct Leakage Testing during rough-in and post-construction to meet mandated IECC R403 requirements.
- Insulation Inspections to meet code requirements by certified staff. Verifies code-prescribed construction methods have been adhered to.
- Commercial International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) Prescriptive Path Services including:
- Code Compliance Report using simplified code compliance check tools such as COMcheck.
Beyond Minimum Code Services
For many, meeting the mandatory provisions of building code is not enough. Building beyond code is often a project goal or requirement, or the project may be seeking a green building certification or program compliance. Visit our Performance-Based Code Compliance Services and Green Building Services pages. Our certified Raters, Providers and Quality Assurance specialists help de-mistify the compliance process.
Contact us to discuss your project.