PCD Engineering, Inc. is a firm focused on the client and the environment offering sustainable mechanical/electrical design engineering, energy management, and integrated green building system solutions.
Our firm is dedicated to excellence and innovation in design, on-time delivery, quality assurance, industry and community involvement, and customer satisfaction.
We offer a range of high quality building systems design and analysis services and tailor solutions to the client’s needs. We work as a strategic partner with our clients to improve their business and develop on-going opportunities for profitability through energy and resource efficiency. We educate and empower our clients to make informed choices that will benefit their core business, lifestyle and the environment.
Our efforts have not gone unnoticed. Below is a list of the most significant recognition we have received and the award-winning projects we have contributed to.
- 2019 - Who's Who in Energy Honoree, Denver Business Journal
- 2019 - Mercury 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies, BizWest Media
- 2018 - FAST50, Fastest Growing Firm, Denver Business Journal
- 2018 - Mercury 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies, BizWest Media
- 2018 - Energy Star Program, Most Active Service Provider
- 2017 – A4LE, Rockies Design Award Unbuilt Projects, Project: Weld RE-4 School District High School No. 2, Windsor, CO, Architect: DLR Group.
- 2017 - Mercury 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies, BizWest Media
- 2017 – A4LE, Peak Design Award, Project: Rocky Mountain Deaf School, Denver, CO, Architect: Anderson Mason Dale.
- 2016 - Mercury 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies, Boulder County Business Report
- 2016 - A4LE, Rockies Design Award Unbuilt Projects, Project: Eastbank PK8, Glenwood Springs, CO, Architect: Bennett Wagner Grody.
- 2016 - AIA Colorado Award of Merit for Commercial / Institutional, Project: Moffat PK-12 School, Moffat, CO, Architect: RTA.
- 2015 - Mercury 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies, Boulder County Business Report
- 2015 - A4LE, Summit Design Award - Renovations: Ignacio High School, Ignacio, CO, Architect: RTA.
- 2015 – A4LE, Peak Merit Award, Project: Hanna Elementary School, Hanna, WY, Architects: Admundsen/RB+B JV.
- 2015 – A4LE, Peak Merit Award, Project: Moffat PK-12 School, Moffat, CO, Architect: RTA.
- 2015 - A4LE, Summit Design Award - Renovations: Ignacio Elementary School, Ignacio, CO, Architect: RTA.
- 2014 – IFMA Colorado Facilities Award of Excellence – Sustainability Improvement / Environmental Impact – Project: US Geological Survey Research Facility, Fort Collins, CO
- 2014 – A4LE, Peak Design Award, Project: Elbert PK-12 School, Elbert, CO, Architect: Slater Paull/HCM.
- 2013 - A4LE, Peak Merit Award - Ignacio Middle School, Ignacio, CO, Architect: RTA.
- 2012 - Partners for a Clean Environment – Certified Business Enterprise
- 2012 - Boulder County Business Report / Colorado Green Building Guild - Best of Green Building - Winner in 3 Categories – Projects: Ocean First Divers, Etown Hall & 1247 Scrub Oak
- 2011 - AIA/COTE Top 10 Green Projects, Project: Cherokee Lofts, Architect: Pugh+Scarpa.
- 2011 - Mercury 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies, Boulder County Business Report
- 2010 AIA Award of Merit, Project: Snycline House, Architect: Arch 11.
- 2010 Gold Hard Hat Award, McGraw Hill Companies-Mountain States, Winner: Higher Education/Research Category, Project: Colorado State University-Student Housing Village, Pueblo, CO, Architect: Carvell Page Southerland Page
- 2010 Colorado Sustainable Design Awards (CSDA), 2nd Place: Commercial Category, Project: Colorado State University-Student Housing Village, Pueblo, CO
- 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 Mercury 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies, Boulder County Business Report
- 2008 International Green Dot Awards, Winner, Project: Solar Harvest, Boulder, CO, Designer: Ecofutures Building.
- 2008 Renewable Energy Building Award, Colorado Renewable Energy Society, Winner: Commerical Category. Project: Maple Leaf Orthopedics, Pueblo, CO, Architect: HGF Architects
- Colorado Energy Champion, For Commitment to Energy Efficiency in Colorado's Government Buildings, 2006.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, 25 Silver-Platinum Level Certified Projects
- 2006 Renewable Energy Building Award, Colorado Renewable Energy Society, Winner: Single Family Residential On-Grid Category. Project: Solar Harvest, Boulder, CO.
- 2006 Renewable Energy Building Award, Colorado Renewable Energy Society, Winner: Multi-Family On-Grid Category. Project: Solar Village Prospect, Longmont, CO, Architect: Tavel/Weisse Architects.
- 2006 Denver AIA Sustainability Award and Honor Award, Project: GEOS Neighborhood, Architect: David Khan and Michael Tavel.
- 2006 Denver AIA Sustainability Award, Project: Solar Village Prospect, Longmont, CO
- Certificate of Recognition, Colorado Energy Science Center and Colorado Governor's Energy Office, for contribution to success of the K-12 Home Energy Investigation Contest.
- 2006 Poudre School District Certificate of Recognition, for support of PSD's energy conservation efforts and environmental stewardship.
- 2005/6 AIA Denver Rocky Mountain News Architects Choice Awards for residential projects. Project: Solar Village Prospect, Longmont, CO
- 2004 Renewable Energy Building Award, Colorado Renewable Energy Society, Honorable Mention: Residential On-Grid Category. Project: Carter Lake House, Berthoud, CO
- Cleaner and Greener Certified, the Leonardo Academy
- 2001 Gold Level Certificate of Recognition, US Environmental Protection Agency, Energy Star Program.
Our commitment to serving our clients and the environment has led us to be active in a number of energy and environmental organizations, associations and programs. We bring our passion for environmental stewardship into each new project and educate our customers to the benefits of adopting and maintaining an energy and environmental sensitivity.We invite our customers to draw upon our strong associations with key environmental groups and learn from our experience and expertise. We assist our customers in leveraging their environmental accomplishments through communications and recognition.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency – Energy Star®
PCD Engineering has cemented a strong partnership with the Environmental Protection Agency over the years, specifically with the EPA’s ENERGY STAR® program. ENERGY STAR® was introduced by the US Environmental Protection Agency in 1992 as a voluntary labeling program designed to identify and promote energy-efficient products, in order to reduce carbon dioxide emissions. ENERGY STAR has since expanded to cover new homes, most of the buildings sector, residential heating and cooling equipment, major appliances, office equipment, lighting, consumer electronics.
PCD Engineering Services is a proud service provider for the ENERGY STAR program and has received EPA’s “Gold Level Certificate of Recognition” and “Most Active Service Provider” for our efforts.
Thank You! Beautiful Job!Linda Smith, Program Manager, Colorado Governor's Energy Office (now President of 9kft Strategies in Energy
Thanks for the discussion yesterday. Your comments add a lot to the article. Look forward to touching base on future assignments.AB-Andrew Burr, News Editor, CoStar Group, #1 Commercial Real Estate Company
That is exactly the level of detail and analysis I was hoping to get…I appreciate how you have performed on other projects and how well you understand our product.Glenn McWilliams, DBM Consulting
I think you are doing a wonderful job. It is refreshing!Craig Cahen, Cahen Architectural Group, P.C.
The building division released the plans this morning with no comments. Congratulations for a job well doneMarv Counts, Project Manager, Longmont Housing Authority
I read your article on high-performance buildings and I think it’s terrific.Jeff Ferenc, Editor-in-Chief, HPAC Engineering Magazine, Engineering Green Buildings Conference and Expo Manager